Six o’clock already I was just in the middle of a dream
I was kissin’ Valentino By a crystal blue Italian stream
But I can’t be late ‘Cause then I guess I just won’t get paid
These are the days When you wish your bed was already made
Manic Monday – The Bangles
Here I am at work on one of the last Mondays. Only 5 Mondays to go. For some reason the time change woke me up early instead of late. It’s probably because I hate being late. It’s too stressful.
Sitting here thinking here this morning as the people started straggling in it occurred to me that some of the people I will miss. But the place I won’t miss at all.
The Yuck list:
- 30 people sharing one printer and the passive aggressive twits who take your print jobs and give it back 3 days later. Yeah right, you really didn’t notice this.
- The woman who brings her god-awful stinky fish and insists on eating at her desk. Office etiquette be damned!
- Being forcible gassed with paint fumes and sheetrock dust in the never ending task of cramming more people into less space. Must save a few bucks for those stakeholders, you know.
- The guy who clears his throat and snorts every 5 minutes.
- The woman who talks on the phone so load that your skull rattles.
- Never seeing the sunlight during the winter months. I start to feel like a troll.
- Using a public restroom everyday. Were these woman raised in a barn or what?
- Trying not to snore in All Hands Meetings.