I started blogging in December 2010. It’s been a wild and crazy experience. Learned a lot about myself. That was a big surprise because I thought I knew it all. I’ve received several award nominations during this time. But, I didn’t know how to respond so I didn’t. However, I’m on a gratitude kick lately and decided that just feeling gratitude is not enough. Need to say out loud in front of witnesses.
So today I’m tossing my neurosis, (or at least one of them) to the winds and sending out a belated thank you to all of you who read this blog. And a belated Thank you times 2 to those who nominated me for an award. I feel all warm and cuddly today and need to express gratitude as in saying “thank you.” Looking back I realize that I didn’t respond to these gifts of recognition because I pre-judged myself not worthy and therefore had nothing to say. I forgot that not accepting a gift denies the giver of the joy of giving.
General rules of the awards are:
1. Thank the person that awarded you (better late than never)
And a big thank you and hugs to everyone who has listened to my ramblings for the past year and a half 🙂
- Mr. Husband called me a housewife recently. I was so happy and shocked that I almost started crying. I’ve wanted to be one all my life just never got the chance. It took 56 years to get here.
- I’m a good cook but took a little 25 year break. Now I need scrape the rust off my cook pots and prove it…again
- I love to read SciFi, Steampunk, and historical fiction novels. Have been known to read non-stop for weeks on end, taking breaks occasionally only to eat, shower, or sleep
- I Love to travel and have visited every continent except Australia and Antarctica. The longest trip taken in one gulp was 4 months in Japan.
- I like to choreograph dance to music in my head. That’s why my attention wanders off occasionally. I also do it in my sleep.
- I’m a Goth/Edwardian/Victorian ere enthusiast and actually own a beautiful black silk brocade corset. (no one knows because I don’t wear miniature hats, and striped stockings…yet…:)
- I think this world is a wonderful and hilarious place to live. Incredibly glad I got invited here by whatever God or power who is in charge of the universe.
3. Passing the good stuff on. There are so many great bloggers out there it’s difficult to narrow it down to a few but here goes: